September Beekeeping Activity
Recommended Beekeeping Activity
- Requeen colonies that you did not requeen in August or that rejected the introduced queen in August.
- Consolidate frames in supers that may have some empty space for storage of fall nectar flow.
- Fill supers with capped frames. Partially filled supers can be rearranged with empty frames in the center and the filled and capped frames on the outside.
- Remove and store under fumigation all empty supers of comb.
- Replace all hive parts that need repairing or painting with reconditioned parts. Repair and painting can be done much better in the shop.